You can now purchase a royalty-free licence that enables you to use our music in your own creations to sell to clients or the general public. (Royalty-free means you don’t have to pay any more money to the creators of the music. In effect, it is copyright-free – provided you have purchased the required licence.)
How to buy a royalty-free licence
To purchase a royalty-free licence for an album, go to our Bandcamp page and click the album cover/title of the album you want to purchase. On the album page, choose the option that says “Royalty-free licence with album”.
If you want to purchase a licence for a single track, go to our Bandcamp Royalty-free page and click the option you want.
As of 13 October 2017, all Ambient Hypnosis royalty-free licences on Bandcamp include the album or track as an immediate download. Please keep any email or Paypal receipt you receive as proof of your licence. We will also have a record of your purchase in Bandcamp.
Do you need a licence?
- You only need to purchase a royalty-free licence if you are creating products to be sold for profit (e.g. CDs, meditation MP3s, professional videos for which you receive remuneration) or if you are using the music in videos made freely available on public platforms like YouTube and Vimeo.
- You do not need a licence if you are playing the music for clients in live therapy sessions or as background music in public places (e.g. coffee shops, spas, yoga classes).
All royalty-free licences are available for purchase on www.bandcamp.com.
What can you do with the licence?
The licence entitles you to the following:
- use the tracks in the background* of your spoken-word recordings
- cut, loop or otherwise edit the tracks for use as background music*
- sell CDs or MP3s that use the music in the background*
- overlay/embed brainwave entrainment beats and effects
- use the music as soundtrack or voiceover background on videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc)
* The term ‘background music’ means that the music is used to support a voice-over or other modification like brainwave entrainment – it is used in a secondary role to enhance a voice-over or other sound effect.
You may not:
- Resell the music without voiceover or added features such as brainwave entrainment – it must be part of a new composition
- Sell the music under a different name
In any printed material, please credit the artist as follows: Music by Johann Kotze: www.ambienthypnosis.com
If you have any problems with the purchase of wish to inquire about licencing for higher volumes, please contact Russel.