Royalty-free licence for commercial use

Our music includes a non-exclusive royalty-free licence that enables you to use our music in your own creations to sell to clients or the general public. (Royalty-free means you don’t have to pay any more money to the creators of the music. In effect, it is copyright-free – provided you have purchased the required licence.)

When you purchase through our shop, you will be mailed a PDF that is your licence. You will also be able to download the licence from the page you get to immediately after purchase. If for any reason you lose your licence you can contact us to resend it. 

How to use the licence

Our music is protected by digital rights management (DRM), which means that we have registered it with a central authority and have licenced you to be able to use it. If you upload products using our music to Youtube, Soundcloud and other public platforms you may receive a notice from these platforms saying that you are using copyrighted music. All you have to do is send them your licence and say you have permission to use the music. The process is usually quick and trouble free. If you have any issues you are welcome to contact us.

What can you do with the licence?

The licence entitles you to the following:

  • use the tracks in the background* of your spoken-word recordings
  • cut, loop or otherwise edit the tracks for use as background* music
  • sell CDs or MP3s that use the music in the background*. For printed products like CDs and DVDs, the maximum volume is 2000 units. If you want to print more, please contact us for an upgraded licence.
  • overlay/embed brainwave entrainment beats and effects
  • use the music as soundtrack or voiceover background* on videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc)
  • use the music in apps as background* to other functions

* The term ‘background music’ means that the music is used to support a voice-over or other modification like brainwave entrainment – it is used in a secondary role to enhance a voice-over, sound effect, video or app.

You may not:

  • Resell the music exactly as it is. It must be a derivative work, meaning the music has been modified in some way (voiceover, brainwave entrainment) or it is a background sound track to a video or movie. As long as you’re not just reselling our music tracks, you will be fine.
  • Sell the music by itself under a different name.


In any printed material, please credit the artist as follows: Music by Johann Kotze:


If you have any problems with the purchase of wish to inquire about licencing for higher volumes, please contact Russel.







Pin It on Pinterest

Share This